Hi EveryoneI'm Suzanne (call me Suz if you like). I am originally from Dunedin and still live here with my husband and daughter. We lived in Australia for 5 years, which was an amazing time and one day I would like to return. My husband still works for an Australian company, so we never know what may happen in the future.
After many years of working in offices and receiving massage for the RSI I developed, and various sporting injuries, I was extremely fortunate to be offered the opportunity to be trained and begin giving massages within my own therapist's practice. This opened a whole new world for me and completely turned my life around. I felt I had found something I had been looking for, for a really long time. I am really excited to be a part of the course as I love massage and I love learning, and I can't wait to try out new ideas and see how it changes and/or reinforces what I am currently doing with my own massage technique and style.
Some of my favourite things to do include ice skating (yes - even competing in one of "those" outfits), going to the movies -"chick-flicks" are my thing, reading, listening to music and hanging out with my family.
One of my long term goals is to work in an environment where the whole body can be addressed by complementary treatments (chiro, osteo, physio, etc) all working within the one practice. I think this would be an amazing place to be, as there would be a very strong continuity of care for the client and a good support network for the practitioners.
No comments:
Post a Comment